The 100/0 Principle
It’s The 100/0 Principle:
You take full responsibility (the 100%) for the relationship, expecting nothing (the 0%) in return.
What is the most effective way to create and sustain great relationships with others?
It’s The 100/0 Principle: You take full responsibility (the 100) for the relationship, expecting nothing (the 0) in return.
Implementing The 100/0 Principle is not natural for most of us.
It takes real commitment to the relationship and a good dose of self-discipline to think, act and give 100 percent.
The 100/0 Principle applies to those people in your life where the relationships are too important to react automatically or judgmentally.
Each of us must determine the relationships to which this principle should apply. For most of us, it applies to work associates, customers, suppliers, family and friends.
STEP 1 – Determine what you can do to make the relationship work… then do it.
Demonstrate respect and kindness to the other person, whether he/she deserves it or not.
STEP 2 – Do not expect anything in return.
Zero, zip, nada.
STEP 3 – Do not allow anything the other person says or does (no matter how annoying!) to affect you.
In other words, don’t take the bait.
STEP 4 – Be persistent with your graciousness and kindness.
Often we give up too soon, especially when others don’t respond in kind.
Remember to expect nothing in return.
At times (usually few), the relationship can remain challenging, even toxic, despite your 100 percent commitment and self-discipline.
When this occurs, you need to avoid being the “Knower” and shift to being the “Learner.”
Avoid Knower statements/thoughts like “that won’t work,” “I’m right, you are wrong,” “I know it and you don’t,” “I’ll teach you,” “that’s just the way it is,” “I need to tell you what I know,” etc.
Instead use Learner statements/thoughts like “Let me find out what is going on and try to understand the situation,” “I could be wrong,” “I wonder if there is anything of value here,” “I wonder if…” etc.
In other words, as a Learner, be curious!
This may strike you as strange, but here’s the paradox:
When you take authentic responsibility for a relationship, more often than not the other person quickly chooses to take responsibility as well.
Consequently, the 100/0 relationship quickly transforms into something approaching 100/100.
When that occurs, true breakthroughs happen for the individuals involved, their teams, their organizations and their families.
Shared with 💚 by Free Spirit
✌ & 💚
- Bitcoin WhitePaper Daybitcoin, white paper
- Henry David Thoreau“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” Henry David Thoreau Henry David Thoreau (July 12, 1817-May 6, 1862) was an American essayist, philosopher, and poet. Thoreau’s writing is … Continue reading Henry David Thoreau
- Edward Snowden on privacy“If you think privacy is unimportant for you because you have nothing to hide, you might as well say free speech is unimportant for you because you have nothing useful to say.” Edward … Continue reading Edward Snowden on privacy
- Bitcoin’s Store of ValueTo any intelligent observer, it has been apparent that bitcoin’s primary use has emerged to be store of value/investment. Yes, bitcoin’s decentralized/permissionless solution to creating an immutable cryptographically secured database brings a vast … Continue reading Bitcoin’s Store of Value
- Cryptocurrency Mining GlossaryCryptocurrency Mining Glossary If you are new to cryptocurrencies, you might find the topic a bit confusing due to the terminology involved. Just refer to this page when you see an unfamiliar word … Continue reading Cryptocurrency Mining Glossary