Bitcoin can serve as a first line of defense for freedom — a nonviolent tool which can disincentivize violence and control.
It is not only a hedge against currency devaluation, but a hedge against tyranny as well.
FREEDOM AS RESPONSIBILITY AND A MORAL IMPERATIVE
Owning bitcoin allows you to be your own bank, and much like maintaining freedom, it’s a hefty responsibility.
While it may be far too easy to leave your coins on an exchange, if you simply buy bitcoin but never take custody, you are leaving yourself open to a multitude of attacks. One of the most insidious, is the potential for a self-custody ban or some sort of regulatory capture of the exchanges, effectively turning bitcoin into another meme stock that must be held by a third-party custodian.
In the process, the peer-to-peer decentralized nature of the network gets degraded for millions of potential users across the country, if not the whole world.
When you have your money in banks and investment accounts, it’s not really yours. It belongs to the banks — the custodians — and it’s granted access to you at the behest of them and the government.
To these custodians, granting you access to your money is an inconvenient privilege that can be rescinded at a moment’s notice.
It’s a testament to how powerful western nations have become and a cautionary tale for what could happen if you ever see yourself in the outgroup in the event of a heated disagreement.
Anarcho-capitalists to Communists alike, whatever your views, whatever your political proclivities, Bitcoin has your back.
It is a completely voluntary system of censorship-resistant, peer-to-peer, electronic money. It is a digital bearer instrument if you use it correctly.
It is simply a tool; a tool that does not discriminate and does not care who you are or what you believe.
Bitcoin is a tool that just is; a tool that just does.
It exists everywhere and nowhere, simultaneously.
All you need to do is learn.
It is perhaps the largest peaceful protest in the history of mankind, and it is your best way to preserve freedom.
Loss of freedoms typically require violence to reinstate; opt in to peace through buying and holding bitcoin.
Every purchase you make is a vote for the future that you want. Through buying and holding bitcoin, holding your keys and taking back your self-sovereignty, you move the country back toward a sound money standard that can do much to fix our divisive problems.
Furthermore, you are making it harder for tyranny and government overreach to take hold. You are sowing the seeds for a better tomorrow
- Bitcoin WhitePaper Daybitcoin, white paper
- Henry David Thoreau“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” Henry David Thoreau Henry David Thoreau (July 12, 1817-May 6, 1862) was an American essayist, philosopher, and poet. Thoreau’s writing is … Continue reading Henry David Thoreau
- Edward Snowden on privacy“If you think privacy is unimportant for you because you have nothing to hide, you might as well say free speech is unimportant for you because you have nothing useful to say.” Edward … Continue reading Edward Snowden on privacy
- Bitcoin’s Store of ValueTo any intelligent observer, it has been apparent that bitcoin’s primary use has emerged to be store of value/investment. Yes, bitcoin’s decentralized/permissionless solution to creating an immutable cryptographically secured database brings a vast … Continue reading Bitcoin’s Store of Value
- Cryptocurrency Mining GlossaryCryptocurrency Mining Glossary If you are new to cryptocurrencies, you might find the topic a bit confusing due to the terminology involved. Just refer to this page when you see an unfamiliar word … Continue reading Cryptocurrency Mining Glossary