Mother Nature (sometimes known as Mother Earth or the Earth Mother) is a personification of nature that focuses on the life-giving and nurturing aspects of nature by embodying it, in the form of the mother.
The word “nature” comes from the Latin word, “natura”, meaning birth or character (see nature (philosophy)). In English, its first recorded use (in the sense of the entirety of the phenomena of the world) was in 1266. “Natura” and the personification of Mother Nature were widely popular in the Middle Ages.
As a concept, seated between the properly divine and the human, it can be traced to Ancient Greece, though Earth (or “Eorthe” in the Old English period) may have been personified as a goddess. The Norse also had a goddess called Jörð (Jord, or Erth).
“… Mother Nature is punishing us, …, for our greed and selfishness.
We torture her at all hours by iron and wood, fire and stone.
We dig her up and dump her in the sea.
We sink mine shafts into her and drag out her entrails – and all for a jewel to wear on a pretty finer.
Who can blame her if she occasionally quivers with anger?”Pliny, Pg. 176 – Robert Harris, Pompeii
“Harmony is about bringing things into balance and knowing how to go from sunrise to sunset.
Mother Nature teaches this to us, in so many ways, each and every day.”Jaeda DeWalt
“Those who train their hearts in natural wonder shall forever know the rivers, forests, wildflowers, and oceans, as friends.”Atalina Wright, ”Wild Riverbanks”
“Nature isn’t cruel, but unconcerned with human frailty.”Melissa Febos
“The simplicity of life is universal. Mother Nature is a wonderful teacher.”Steve Leasock
“Autumn is the time of year when Mother Nature says, “Look how easy, how healthy, and how beautiful letting go can be.”Toni Sorenson
“The Earth is nothing but phlegm spat out by the Sun, and our immediate solar system a whirlwind of boulders.
There is no “delicate balance.”A.E. Samaan, From a “Race of Masters” to a “Master Race”: 1948 to 1848
If you can’t be in awe of Mother Nature, there’s something wrong with you.Alex Trebek
“Only after the last tree has been cut down.
Only after the last river has been poisoned.
Only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.”Cree Indian Prophecy
“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.”Mahatma Gandhi
“Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better.”Albert Einstein
“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.”Lao Tzu
“Nature is man’s teacher.
She unfolds her treasures to his search, unseals his eye, illumines his mind, and purifies his heart; an influence breathes from all the sights and sounds of her existence.”Alfred Billings Street
“We are all visitors to this time, this place.
We are just passing through.
Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love, and then we return home.”Australian Aboriginal
“The world is not to be put in order.
The world is order, incarnate.
It is for us to put ourselves in unison with this order.”Henry Miller
“O Nature, gracious mother of us all,Margaret Junkin Preston
Within thy bosom myriad secrets lie
Which thou surrenderest to the patient eye
That seeks and waits.”
“Nature, like a loving mother, is ever trying to keep land and sea, mountain and valley, each in its place, to hush the angry winds and waves, balance the extremes of heat and cold, of rain and drought, that peace, harmony and beauty may reign supreme.”Elizabeth Cady Stanton
“The world will burn for a hundred years.
Fire will consume the things we made from wood and plastic and rubber and cloth, then water and wind and time will chew the stone and steel into dust.
How baffling it is that we imagined cities incinerated by alien bombs and death rays when all they needed was Mother Nature and time.“Rick Yancey
- CBDC’s Tyranny Is ComingHow & Why You should Prepare Here are just a few examples of what that sort of total control may look like: Government in total control The government could not only withhold money … Continue reading CBDC’s Tyranny Is Coming
- 100 Based thingsHere is a list of 100 of the best based things: Trust is not based, and relying on trust is unbased. It is foolish to ever trust someone, because the only way to … Continue reading 100 Based things
- CypherPunk MovementTHE CYPHERPUNK MOVEMENT Let’s make a journey back in time to see where blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies came from. It will take us back to the CypherPunk Movement starting in the 1970’s. Cryptography … Continue reading CypherPunk Movement
- Block 170 – First ever bitcoin transactionThe first ever bitcoin transaction from one person to another, on 2009-01-12 at 04:30 used Pay-to-Public-Key (P2PK), when Satoshi Nakamoto sent coins to Hal Finney in Block 170. P2PK is no longer used … Continue reading Block 170 – First ever bitcoin transaction
- The Art of War QuotesThe Art of War (Chinese: 孫子兵法; lit. ‘Sun Tzu’s Military Method’, pinyin: Sūnzi bīngfǎ) is an ancient Chinese military treatise dating from the Late Spring and Autumn Period (roughly 5th century BC). The … Continue reading The Art of War Quotes