So you are not a coder but as a non-technical person, you’re always open for simplified technical knowledge about Bitcoin.
So, you would like to ask people of very deep knowledge of Bitcoin’s code what you would tell some non-technical people.
What are the most important technical points of Bitcoin, where you would say “it’s really important for Bitcoin and people should know it”. Important would also mean for Bitcoin from a hacking-resistant point and what is making Bitcoin superior against competing Altcoins?
The most important features of Bitcoin are that it’s maintained by the largest community of developers out of all the coins, and consequentially it has the largest test suite and debugging infrastructure.
It makes it really easy to pin-point bugs. I can’t stress enough how important having test cases is for your project, whatever it may be, whether it’s related to crypto or not. It saves you from a lot of future bug-hunting
Its simplicity. Not in the sense of being trivial, but in the sense of having a very focused feature set.
Also the importance if permissionlessness seems to be either ignored or forgotten by a lot of alts out there, whereas it remains a top priority for Bitcoin.
One more thing that sets Bitcoin apart is the immense decentralization – in hashpower, full nodes, development and community.
For security, the first two are the most critical.
Most altcoins either don’t have node decentralization or / and they have a flawed consensus mechanism (proof of stake) that simply gives the developers total power over the project.
This allows them to change rules at will, but also allows authorities to press them to do such things. In Bitcoin, that’s simply impossible.
A PoW coin without enough hashpower can be attacked similarly, and as a matter of fact most energy is pumped into Bitcoin PoW, which makes it most secure.
Bitcoin works, it has been working fine for the past 13 years (all its life) and safely too.
- * You don’t need any third party (middle man like banks) to send, receive or store your money when you use bitcoin.
- * Nobody can restrict who sends you money or to whom you send your money
- * You can reach anybody, anywhere at any time in the world.
- * The payments can not be reversed like other payment networks which provides a lot of security for merchants
- Running bitcoin – Hal FinneyJoin Honorary Chair Fran Finney and the Running Bitcoin Challenge Committee as we honor legendary cypher punk, Hal Finney. This is THE EVENT that combines Hal Finney’s love of running and Bitcoin and … Continue reading Running bitcoin – Hal Finney
- 4th Year WordPress AnniversaryIt’s been 4 years already and it seems I haven’t done nothing at all… With the little time I could spare to work on this blog, I hope I bought a tiny seed … Continue reading 4th Year WordPress Anniversary
- Happy Genesis Block DayJanuary 3rd 2023 – Bitcoin 14th Anniversary Happy Genesis Block Day! January 3 is the 14th anniversary of Bitcoin’s Block Zero, its anchor in time. The first sentence of the email has become … Continue reading Happy Genesis Block Day
- Happy New Year 2023
- Computer Dude Inc.So – You want to be a Computer Dude? The word / expression “Dude” is not a reference to being male, female, or whatever, it is a designation of “Skill Level.” When we … Continue reading Computer Dude Inc.