Bitcoin Legal Defense Fund
To Bitcoin Developers:
The Bitcoin community is currently the subject of multi-front litigation.
Litigation and continued threats are having their intended effect; individual
defendants have chosen to capitulate in the absence of legal support.
Open-source developers, who are often independent, are especially susceptible
to legal pressure.
In response, we propose a coordinated and formalized response to help defend developers.
The Bitcoin Legal Defense Fund is a
nonprofit entity that aims to minimize legal headaches that discourage software
developers from actively developing Bitcoin and related projects such as the
Lightning Network, Bitcoin privacy protocols, and the like.
The main purpose of this Fund is to defend developers from lawsuits regarding
their activities in the Bitcoin ecosystem, including finding and retaining
defense counsel, developing litigation strategy, and paying legal bills.
This is a free and voluntary option for developers to take advantage of if they so
The Fund will start with a corps of volunteer and part-time lawyers. The
board of the Fund will be responsible for determining which lawsuits and
defendants it will help defend.
The Fund’s first activities will be to take over coordination of the existing defense of the Tulip Trading lawsuit against certain developers alleging breach of fiduciary duty and provide the source of funding for outside counsel.
At this time, the Fund is not seeking to raise additional money for its operations but will do so at the direction of the board if needed for further legal action
or to pay for staff.
If you have questions or concerns, you can email i…@bitcoindefensefund.org.
Will share more information in the near future.
Jack Dorsey, Alex Morcos, and Martin White
(Bitcoin Legal Defense Fund Board)
bitcoin-dev mailing list
☆ KUDOS TO YOU MATES !!! ☆
Shared with 💚 by Free Spirit
✌ & 💚
- Bitcoin WhitePaper Daybitcoin, white paper
- Henry David Thoreau“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” Henry David Thoreau Henry David Thoreau (July 12, 1817-May 6, 1862) was an American essayist, philosopher, and poet. Thoreau’s writing is … Continue reading Henry David Thoreau
- Edward Snowden on privacy“If you think privacy is unimportant for you because you have nothing to hide, you might as well say free speech is unimportant for you because you have nothing useful to say.” Edward … Continue reading Edward Snowden on privacy
- Bitcoin’s Store of ValueTo any intelligent observer, it has been apparent that bitcoin’s primary use has emerged to be store of value/investment. Yes, bitcoin’s decentralized/permissionless solution to creating an immutable cryptographically secured database brings a vast … Continue reading Bitcoin’s Store of Value
- Cryptocurrency Mining GlossaryCryptocurrency Mining Glossary If you are new to cryptocurrencies, you might find the topic a bit confusing due to the terminology involved. Just refer to this page when you see an unfamiliar word … Continue reading Cryptocurrency Mining Glossary