Why Bitcoin Matters ?
“A mysterious new technology emerges, seemingly out of nowhere, but actually the result of two decades of intense
research and development by nearly anonymous researchers.
Political idealists project visions of liberation and revolution onto it; establishment elites heap contempt and scorn on it.
On the other hand, technologists – nerds – are transfixed by it.
They see within it enormous potential and spend their nights and weekends tinkering with it.
Eventually mainstream products, companies and industries emerge to commercialize it; its effects become profound; and later, many people
wonder why its powerful promise wasn’t more obvious from the start.
What technology am I talking about?
Personal computers in 1975, the Internet in 1993, and – I believe – Bitcoin in 2014….
The practical consequence of solving this problem is that Bitcoin gives us, for the first time, a way for one Internet user to transfer a unique piece of digital property to another Internet user, such that the transfer is guaranteed to be safe and secure, everyone knows that the transfer has taken place, and nobody can challenge the legitimacy of the transfer.
The consequences of this breakthrough are hard to overstate.
What kinds of digital property might be transferred in this way?
Think about digital signatures, digital contracts, digital keys (to physical locks, or to online lockers), digital ownership of physical assets such as cars and houses, digital stocks and bonds …
and digital money”.– Marc Andreessen, Founder of Netscape & well-known venture capitalist, 2014
Marc Lowell Andreessen
born July 9, 1971) is an American entrepreneur, investor, and software engineer.
He is the co-author of Mosaic, the first widely used web browser; co-founder of Netscape; and co-founder and general partner of Silicon Valleyventure capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.
He co-founded and later sold the software company Opsware to Hewlett-Packard.
Andreessen is also a co-founder of Ning, a company that provides a platform for social networking websites.
He sits on the board of directors of Meta Platforms.
Andreessen was one of six inductees in the World Wide Web Hall of Fame announced at the First International Conference on the World-Wide Web in 1994.
Shared with 💚 by Free Spirit
✌ & 💚
- Motivation FormulaMotivation = (Expectancy X Value) / (Impulsiveness X Delay) Add it up, and the result is your current level of motivation. The less confident you are, the less exciting the outcome, the longer … Continue reading Motivation Formula
- 21M or DeathThe supply of Bitcoin is fixed at 21 million BTC, and as a hard coded monetary policy of the protocol, the fixed supply of the dominant cryptocurrency cannot be altered. Former Google Product … Continue reading 21M or Death
- Truth QuotesIn Roman mythology, Veritas, meaning Truth, is the goddess of Truth, a daughter of Chronos, the God of Time. For my dearest copăcel Emily, Wish that you’ll find a drop of wisdom in … Continue reading Truth Quotes
- ₿uild a New Model…“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” Buckminster Fuller
- First Time/Small MinerFirst time/Small miner referencefor getting started. If you want to start mining here is what you need… and what you need to know. This is written for home miners/small farms, but can be … Continue reading First Time/Small Miner