Why Bitcoin Matters ?
“A mysterious new technology emerges, seemingly out of nowhere, but actually the result of two decades of intense
research and development by nearly anonymous researchers.
Political idealists project visions of liberation and revolution onto it; establishment elites heap contempt and scorn on it.
On the other hand, technologists – nerds – are transfixed by it.
They see within it enormous potential and spend their nights and weekends tinkering with it.
Eventually mainstream products, companies and industries emerge to commercialize it; its effects become profound; and later, many people
wonder why its powerful promise wasn’t more obvious from the start.
What technology am I talking about?
Personal computers in 1975, the Internet in 1993, and – I believe – Bitcoin in 2014….
The practical consequence of solving this problem is that Bitcoin gives us, for the first time, a way for one Internet user to transfer a unique piece of digital property to another Internet user, such that the transfer is guaranteed to be safe and secure, everyone knows that the transfer has taken place, and nobody can challenge the legitimacy of the transfer.
The consequences of this breakthrough are hard to overstate.
What kinds of digital property might be transferred in this way?
Think about digital signatures, digital contracts, digital keys (to physical locks, or to online lockers), digital ownership of physical assets such as cars and houses, digital stocks and bonds …
and digital money”.– Marc Andreessen, Founder of Netscape & well-known venture capitalist, 2014
Marc Lowell Andreessen
born July 9, 1971) is an American entrepreneur, investor, and software engineer.
He is the co-author of Mosaic, the first widely used web browser; co-founder of Netscape; and co-founder and general partner of Silicon Valleyventure capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.
He co-founded and later sold the software company Opsware to Hewlett-Packard.
Andreessen is also a co-founder of Ning, a company that provides a platform for social networking websites.
He sits on the board of directors of Meta Platforms.
Andreessen was one of six inductees in the World Wide Web Hall of Fame announced at the First International Conference on the World-Wide Web in 1994.
Shared with 💚 by Free Spirit
✌ & 💚
- “THE FIAT STANDARD”I am happy to share with you this chapter from my forthcoming book, The Fiat Standard, which will be out in November in hardcover, audio, and ebook formats. Chapter 1: Introduction On August … Continue reading “THE FIAT STANDARD”
- Staking Vs. Yield Farming Vs. Liquidity MiningStaking Vs. Yield Farming Vs. Liquidity Mining – Key Differences The DeFi space is growing, and there is no reason to deny it. Enterprises and individuals want to capitalize on the benefits of decentralized finance … Continue reading Staking Vs. Yield Farming Vs. Liquidity Mining
- Bitcoin – Power to the People by BitHouse-CoRedbubble Shop BitHouse For the first time in human history there is at the disposal of the masses a tool that eliminates the middlemen and takes trust from the hands of humans and … Continue reading Bitcoin – Power to the People by BitHouse-Co
- Bitcoin Quotes“Bitcoin actually has the balance and incentives right, and that is why it is starting to take off. “ Julian Assange Bitcoin has the balance and incentives right ” It isn’t obvious that … Continue reading Bitcoin Quotes
- Smart Contracts NetworksTop upcoming Smart Contract Networks Shared with 💚 by Free Spirit ✌ & 💚 BitHouse with 💚