20 Rules for Security in bitcoin
Here’s a short list of common sense Rules, to use and implement for a better Security while using bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
In the hopes that they are quite self-explanatory Rules, please do try for your own good and your assets, to follow them…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask in the comments.
- Keep your private keys safe and secure, and never share them with anyone.
- Use a hardware wallet to store your bitcoins offline and away from potential hackers.
- Use a strong and unique password for your wallet and any exchange account.
- Be wary of phishing attempts and never click on links from unknown sources.
- Use multi-factor authentication (MFA) whenever possible to secure your accounts.
- Use a different password for each account and change them frequently.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks for sensitive transactions.
- Keep your computer and mobile devices secure with updated antivirus and anti-malware software.
- Use a separate address for each transaction, and avoid reusing addresses.
- Verify the authenticity of any website or service you use for Bitcoin transactions.
- Use a reputable and secure Bitcoin exchange or wallet service.
- Use a hardware token or other secure means of 2FA, avoid using SMS.
- Be mindful of social engineering and do not reveal personal information to unknown parties
- Use a unique email address and phone number for every exchange account.
- Keep a copy of your private key, Seed Phrase or wallet recovery phrase in a safe place.
- Be skeptical of unsolicited offers, promotions or services.
- Learn about the security features of your wallet and use them.
- Do not leave your funds on exchange for long time.
- Educate yourself about the risks of using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Regularly monitor your accounts and transactions for suspicious activity.
- Learn about Inflation Folks!What Is Inflation? Inflation is a rise in prices, which can be translated as the decline of purchasing power over time. The rate at which purchasing power drops can be reflected in the … Continue reading Learn about Inflation Folks!
- Free Spirit’s LibraryHy there my fellow citizens of this amazingly beautiful Mother Earth of… Not Ours !!! We tend to forget that and treat it as if we would have another habitable sphere on wich … Continue reading Free Spirit’s Library
- What is Bretton Woods ?!?The Bretton Woods Conference, formally known as the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference, was the gathering of 730 delegates from all 44 Allied nations at the Mount Washington Hotel, situated in Bretton … Continue reading What is Bretton Woods ?!?
- Smart Contracts by Nick Szabo-1994A smart contract is a computerized transaction protocol that executes the terms of a contract. The general objectives of smart contract design are to satisfy common contractual conditions (such as payment terms, liens, … Continue reading Smart Contracts by Nick Szabo-1994
- 20 Security Rules for bitcoin20 Rules for Security in bitcoin Here’s a short list of common sense Rules, to use and implement for a better Security while using bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. In the hopes that they … Continue reading 20 Security Rules for bitcoin