Bitcoin can serve as a first line of defense for freedom — a nonviolent tool which can disincentivize violence and control.
It is not only a hedge against currency devaluation, but a hedge against tyranny as well.
FREEDOM AS RESPONSIBILITY AND A MORAL IMPERATIVE
Owning bitcoin allows you to be your own bank, and much like maintaining freedom, it’s a hefty responsibility.
While it may be far too easy to leave your coins on an exchange, if you simply buy bitcoin but never take custody, you are leaving yourself open to a multitude of attacks. One of the most insidious, is the potential for a self-custody ban or some sort of regulatory capture of the exchanges, effectively turning bitcoin into another meme stock that must be held by a third-party custodian.
In the process, the peer-to-peer decentralized nature of the network gets degraded for millions of potential users across the country, if not the whole world.
When you have your money in banks and investment accounts, it’s not really yours. It belongs to the banks — the custodians — and it’s granted access to you at the behest of them and the government.
To these custodians, granting you access to your money is an inconvenient privilege that can be rescinded at a moment’s notice.
It’s a testament to how powerful western nations have become and a cautionary tale for what could happen if you ever see yourself in the outgroup in the event of a heated disagreement.
Anarcho-capitalists to Communists alike, whatever your views, whatever your political proclivities, Bitcoin has your back.
It is a completely voluntary system of censorship-resistant, peer-to-peer, electronic money. It is a digital bearer instrument if you use it correctly.
It is simply a tool; a tool that does not discriminate and does not care who you are or what you believe.
Bitcoin is a tool that just is; a tool that just does.
It exists everywhere and nowhere, simultaneously.
All you need to do is learn.
It is perhaps the largest peaceful protest in the history of mankind, and it is your best way to preserve freedom.
Loss of freedoms typically require violence to reinstate; opt in to peace through buying and holding bitcoin.
Every purchase you make is a vote for the future that you want. Through buying and holding bitcoin, holding your keys and taking back your self-sovereignty, you move the country back toward a sound money standard that can do much to fix our divisive problems.
Furthermore, you are making it harder for tyranny and government overreach to take hold. You are sowing the seeds for a better tomorrow
- CBDC’s Tyranny Is ComingHow & Why You should Prepare Here are just a few examples of what that sort of total control may look like: Government in total control The government could not only withhold money … Continue reading CBDC’s Tyranny Is Coming
- 100 Based thingsHere is a list of 100 of the best based things: Trust is not based, and relying on trust is unbased. It is foolish to ever trust someone, because the only way to … Continue reading 100 Based things
- CypherPunk MovementTHE CYPHERPUNK MOVEMENT Let’s make a journey back in time to see where blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies came from. It will take us back to the CypherPunk Movement starting in the 1970’s. Cryptography … Continue reading CypherPunk Movement
- Block 170 – First ever bitcoin transactionThe first ever bitcoin transaction from one person to another, on 2009-01-12 at 04:30 used Pay-to-Public-Key (P2PK), when Satoshi Nakamoto sent coins to Hal Finney in Block 170. P2PK is no longer used … Continue reading Block 170 – First ever bitcoin transaction
- The Art of War QuotesThe Art of War (Chinese: 孫子兵法; lit. ‘Sun Tzu’s Military Method’, pinyin: Sūnzi bīngfǎ) is an ancient Chinese military treatise dating from the Late Spring and Autumn Period (roughly 5th century BC). The … Continue reading The Art of War Quotes