“Ego is the Enemy”
“Re-read it each year. It’s that important.”Derek Sivers, author of “Anything you want”
“This is a book I want every athlete, aspiring leader, entrepreneur, thinker and doer to read. Ryan Holiday is one of the most promising young writers of his generation.”George Raveling, Hall of Fame Basketball Coach
“Ryan Holiday is one of his generation’s finest thinkers, and this book is his best yet.”Steven Pressfield, author of “The War of Art” and “Gates of Fire“
“Ryan Holiday has written a brilliant and engaging book, well beyond his years… It is invaluable.”Brian Koppelman, screenwriter and director, “Rounders”, “Ocean’s Thirteen” and “Billions”
Ego Is the Enemy
“While the history books are filled with tales of obsessive, visionary geniuses who remade the world in their image with sheer, almost irrational force, I’ve found that history is also made by individuals who fought their egos at every turn, who eschewed the spotlight, and who put their higher goals above their desire for recognition.” – from the Prologue
Many of us insist the main impediment to a full, successful life is the outside world. In fact, the most common enemy lies within: our ego. Early in our careers, it impedes learning and the cultivation of talent. With success, it can blind us to our faults and sow future problems. In failure, it magnifies each blow and makes recovery more difficult. At every stage, ego holds us back.
The Ego is the Enemy draws on a vast array of stories and examples, from literature to philosophy to history. We meet fascinating figures like Howard Hughes, Katharine Graham, Bill Belichick, and Eleanor Roosevelt, all of whom reached the highest levels of power and success by conquering their own egos. Their strategies and tactics can be ours as well.
But why should we bother fighting ego in an era that glorifies social media, reality TV, and other forms of shameless self-promotion? Armed with the lessons in this book, as Holiday writes, “you will be less invested in the story you tell about your own specialness, and as a result, you will be liberated to accomplish the world-changing work you’ve set out to achieve.
Ryan Holiday is a strategist and writer. He dropped out of college at nineteen to apprentice under Robert Greene, author of “The 48 Laws of Power”, and later served as the director of marketing for American Apparel.
His company, Brass Check, has advised clients like Google, TASER, and Complex, as well as many prominent bestselling authors.
Holiday has written four previous books, most recently The Obstacle Is the Way, which has been translated into seventeen languages and has a cult following among NFL coaches, world-class athletes, TV personalities, political leaders, and others around the world.
He lives on a small ranch outside Austin, Texas.
Made with 💚 by Free Spirit
✌ & 💚
Did you find this article helpful?
If so, please consider a donation to help the evolution and development of more helpful articles in the future, and show your support for alternative articles.
Your generosity is 💚ly appreciated.
You can donate in any crypto your 💚 desires 😊
Thank you all for your time ! 🤗 !
✌ & 💚
Bitcoin (BTC) :
Bitcoin SV (BSV)
- Staking Vs. Yield Farming Vs. Liquidity MiningStaking Vs. Yield Farming Vs. Liquidity Mining – Key Differences The DeFi space is growing, and there is no reason to deny it. Enterprises and individuals want to capitalize on the benefits of decentralized finance … Continue reading Staking Vs. Yield Farming Vs. Liquidity Mining
- Bitcoin – Power to the People by BitHouse-CoRedbubble Shop BitHouse For the first time in human history there is at the disposal of the masses a tool that eliminates the middlemen and takes trust from the hands of humans and … Continue reading Bitcoin – Power to the People by BitHouse-Co
- Bitcoin Quotes“Bitcoin actually has the balance and incentives right, and that is why it is starting to take off. “ Julian Assange Bitcoin has the balance and incentives right ” It isn’t obvious that … Continue reading Bitcoin Quotes
- Smart Contracts NetworksTop upcoming Smart Contract Networks Shared with 💚 by Free Spirit ✌ & 💚 BitHouse with 💚
- Kasparov: Crypto means FreedomGarry Kasparov: Crypto Means Freedom The chess grandmaster expects a basket of coins to replace the dollar within a decade. Garry Kasparov (Mark Wilson/Getty Images) Garry Kasparov knows math. He knows logic, strategy … Continue reading Kasparov: Crypto means Freedom